Lets Draw Mohammad


I didn't log on to facebook on 20th May, 2010.Most of my facebook friends are calling me coward, some are calling me pseudo reformist, Non progressive Muslim. Few of them also called me a hypocrite. They don’t know what I was doing on 20th may and I didn’t want them to know. I was drawing my own Mohammad on that day.

I took a day off from my hectic facebook activities just to prove to myself that I am not addicted to Facebook yet (The inner voice always says, I am).I also thought that I may earn some cheap points which can be en-cashed on the day of judgment.

I took a white paper and a black pen,sat in a dark corner of my home and started drawing my Mohammad. I started recollecting my limited thoughts and I could only think of an incident** from Prophet Mohammad [S.A.W] ‘s life .This incident always stayed with me and gives me the first shade whenever I think of the Prophet known as Mohammad.

“There was a narrow lane that Mohammad [S.A.W] used to walk through on his way to masjid.On this lane, lived an old lady who was a staunch detester of Islam and its Prophet. She used to stand on her roof at the time of prayer and the moment Mohammad [S.A.W] reached near her house, she used to collect garbage or any filth that she could lay her hands on and threw it on Mohammad [S.A.W]. This ritual was performed by the old lady every single day. Mohammad [S.A.W]. never changed his path despite the advice of his followers. One day Mohammad [S.A.W]. passed through the street and no garbage was thrown from the old lady’s house. Mohammad [S.A.W] inquired about the lady and was informed that the lady is very sick. Mohammad [S.A.W] went straight away to the old Lady’s house.Mohammad [S.A.W ] met the old lady and said " f you need any help in this time of illness ,please tell me ”.The Lady was so impressed with the Generosity of tMohammad and told him “How generous and lovely a religion would be whose prophet is so kind and generous” and later she converted to Islam. ”

The second shade of the Islam and his Prophet is so evident in an incident that happened in a historical battle.

“Hazrat Ali [A.S] was in a battle and almost on the verge of victory, the rivals sent a very famous warrior to fight with Ali [A.S] .Ali [A.S] fought ferociously and defeated that guy.Ali [A.S] mounted himself on the chest of the rival and was about to kill him, the rival fighter spitted on Ali [A.S].Ali [A.S] unmounted himself and set that guy free. When somebody asked Ali [A.S] the reason Ali said “Islam prohibits you to hurt others in rage or in the name of revenge”

I recollected all these thoughts and have drawn my Mohammad with all the shades of love, generosity, and kind heartiness, freedom and respect to every body. However I couldn’t find any shade of revenge, rage or animosity.

This is my Mohammad and I support everybody who is drawing Mohammad with a hope that they get their shades right…………..……………


Cheers,

Ali the Hyppo.




( ** The Incidents mentioned in the above note are the recollection of my thoughts and the sermons or the stories I heard from my parents, zakirs , molvis .I would request please don’t go into the historical legacies or details)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The national pride is more important than the nation itself.

I Meander again.