MATCH POINT


 

The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life

 

 

I hate judging people and their work and above all I am not a critic. I follow this simple rule, something’s are interesting and some are not. These are just my views and to make it more clear, it can be interesting for me but boring for everybody else in the room.

 

This weekend, I watched this movie ‘Match Point ‘ and I loved it .I always thought art for the white folks is something that we as blacks/browns/Asians can never find interesting. Woody Allen is a name, I always thought make movies that are piece of art and that’s the reason why, I should never touch these things. I watched ‘Vicky .Cristina.Barcelona' last month and I liked it and while watching  I felt like I  was reading a novel and now when I watched ‘ Match Point’ I  really  like this writer/Director  guy Woody Allen and I feel he makes piece of art which is really humane.

‘Match point’ is a movie that depicts emotions so brilliantly. Some parts make you believe that love and lust are the same things and some say they are not. The characters portray emotions by the simple gestures and simple conversations.

 

Nola: Did any body tell you, you are very aggressive player.

Chris: Did any body tell you, you have very sensuous lips.

Nola: That’s over aggressive.

 

Scarlett Johansson played a character who is aware that she is sexy and I think Woody is in love with the beautiful lady (only a blind won’t be).The character played by Jonathan Rhys is being marvelously written and played. The character very discreetly portrays a man who can’t leave his wife for a woman he is in love with or the vice-versa for all the pleasures and perks that his marriage has brought to his life.

 

Nola: My sister is very beautiful but she is lost.

Chris: She can’t be more beautiful than you are.

Nola: O, I am sexy, but she is classically beautiful.

Chris: So you are aware of your effect on men.  

 

The Movie opens with a prologue that luck does play a part in everybody’s life and ends with that notion. You can win a match with a lucky match point win but you will always think it was not you, it was sheer luck.

 

Alec Hewett: let’s pray that Chris’s son grow up as a great man.

Tom: I don’t care if he is great; I just wish he is lucky.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The national pride is more important than the nation itself.

I Meander again.